Lea and Ashley Student Emmy Nominees

Last April a group of Nashoba video student’s work was entered into a competition at the Lights Camera Action festival at Millis High School. Nashoba alumni Lea Markham and Ashley Cormier, along with other members of Nashoba’s student body, had videos and short films entered into different categories for the Student Academy of Television Arts and Sciences competition. Markham and Cormier worked together to create a Nike advertisement as part of a project for their Video Production class. That video was entered into the category of best advertisement, and to the happiness of many, they ended up being crowned winners of their category, beating out many within the New England region. Since then, their video was nominated to compete in the National Student Awards for The Academy of Television of Arts and Sciences.

On September 12th, the official nominations were announced on the NATAS website. Markham and Cormier’s video was an official nominee for the Best National Advertisement. Their video was chosen out of a record breaking 1,500 entrees, according to NATAS’s website. Both ladies should be proud of all that they have accomplished so far, as it is an honor to be nominated for this award. Their teacher, Mrs. Carter commented, “Lea and Ashley had a passion and a natural eye for video, film, and advertising. They  worked hard, loved what they were working on, and simply made an amazing team. Their Nike Ad is something to be proud of.”

The Student Production Awards will be streamed live on Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017 at noon Pacific Standard Time. The awards are being filmed at the Emerson School in Los Angeles, California. The host of this year’s awards is comedian and game show host, Tom Burgeron.

Best of luck to both Ashley and Lea as they wait for the results.