Nashoba’s Ken Tucker inducted into Hall Of Fame

Last Sunday the Massachusetts High School Football Coaches Association inducted Ken Tucker into its Hall Of Fame. Mr. Tucker started out his coaching career here at Nashoba in 1973, assisting the JV and freshman  football teams.  He was also a student- teacher here at the school. Once he stopped teaching, he left  Nashoba and went to coach back at his home town of Holland, MA where he built up their program.

Returning back to Bolton in 2007 Tucker was back at it coaching for the Nashoba Chieftains. From the time of coaching in 2007 to 2012 Ken Tucker has been lead many of his teams to success.  His coaching record is 180-94-1 with three division two state Super Bowl titles in 1999,2011,2012. He lead the Chieftain to 10 league championships and had two undefeated seasons.

When Ken Tucker retired from this program, he was very accomplished with his time coaching and his team. In recent article written by ESPN Boston High School Football Ken Tucker states ” As a head coach and as a football staff we are extremely proud of the way we have created a program and a “Culture of Success”.

“I have been involved with Nashoba football for close to 40 years. I have coached close to 400 games in that time. I have been the head coach for 275 of those games. Getting people to perform to the best of their ability is what being a leader and head coach is all about. That is what I have always tried to do as an educator and as a coach. I would add that it is perpetuated by mentoring others, giving them opportunities to accept a lead role, then handing it over to them to continue on.”

It did not end for the Tucker family, the coaching legacy still lives on. Recent football coach for the Chieftains is  Jamie Tucker,  son of Ken Tucker and was a student athlete here at Nashoba and played football.  In an article published by Sentinel & Enterprise  Tucker states “I want to continue the great tradition and bring out that Chieftain Pride.”

Now on to his 5th year coaching Tucker already has many achievements. He lead an undefeated season in 2015-2016, bringing his team all the way to a division two state championship beating Reading High School at Gillette stadium. Tucker was named New England Patriots High School Coach of the Week.

The football program here at Nashoba is known for having a successful seasons. Due to great coaching staff and having back to back outstanding head coaches who take part in Chieftain pride. The football program is very lucky to have had the honor of being coached by both Ken Tucker and Jamie Tucker.

Congratulations to Ken Tucker on this award it is well deserved.