DECA Dives Into a New School Year

For any business-savvy students looking to flex their creative thinking and adaptive learning, look no further! Nashoba DECA is starting again this year at full steam. Last year, hindered by COVID-19, club leaders Mr. Andreopoulos and Ms. Norton are eager to return to their normal in-person competitions.
DECA is a collaborative club open to any current or former business class students. The 175+ active members will participate in choosing a topic, fulfilling an assignment to overcome business challenges, and traveling to show them to a panel of judges. Competitions are based around the four pillars of business: marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, and accounting.

As students progress through the ranks of DECA administered events, they are welcomed by plenty of opportunities to travel and explore the business world. The first-time competition students attend the Districts competition at UMass Lowell, from which qualifying students will then attend states in downtown Boston. The select star members will progress to Atlanta, Georgia. Here they will spend several days exploring the city and presenting their projects with other elite students across the country. When selecting a topic, club members can choose between a paper, presentation, roleplay, or case study. With a max group size of 3 members and a minimum of 1, there is truly something for everyone.

Along with a strong community of like-minded alumni, DECA allows students to explore the world of business before committing to a lifetime career in the field. This is truly a great experience for anyone looking to step out of their comfort zone and make lifetime memories and connections.