32nd Annual Hudson Fest

32nd Annual Hudson Fest

This Saturday, June 9th, thousands will be attending the 32nd annual Hudson Fest, presented by the Assabet Valley Chamber of Commerce. Every year, on the second Saturday after memorial day, over 150 vendors line South Street with food, entertainment, and activities for all ages. The festival is free for everyone to attend. Events start at 9am and continue until 3:30pm.

A variety of performances will be featured on both the Avidia Sound Stage and the Cellucci Park Sound Stage from 9am until 2pm. Rivers’ Edge Arts Alliance, Symphony Pro Musica Ensemble, Mill Town Rounders, Mister Vic, L & M Rhythm Kings, Hudson High Notes, and HHS Camerata will all be performing on the Cellucci Park Sound Stage. A short walk away, on the Avidia Sound Stage, The Keith Jacques Experience,  The Water’s Edge, Becky & the Swinging Bards, and Matt Rimkus will be performing.

Vendors will be selling all kinds of food, including ice cream, hot dogs, burgers, pizza, grilled pretzels, pulled pork, lobster rolls, french fries, fried dough, popcorn, and fresh lemonade. All the restaurants on Main Street will also be open for business.

The Hudson Rotary Club Duck Races will return for their 28th year at Hudson Fest. Three-thousand numbered rubber ducks will be dumped into the Assabet River from the Washington Street Bridge and float towards the Broad Street Bridge finish line. Tickets will be sold for $5 with a number corresponding to a duck. The 5 fastest ducks will win ticket buyers a cash prize of up to $1,500. The money raised during this fun event funds scholarships for Hudson High School students and Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School students.