Seniors, It’s That Time

The Class of 2018 has spent months deciding what their plans are for the next few years.  Decisions for next year have been made for a majority of the class, whether they will be heading off to college or choosing to take another path. Most of you have been in this building for the past four years, learning and growing. After June 10th, we will all be going down our own separate paths and it is important to acknowledge where you came from and how you got to where you are.

The seniors had very loyal class officers over the past four years: President Quinn O’Hagan, Vice President Will Andronico, Treasurer Jake Schiering, and Secretary Isabel Stringfellow. They have organized various events for the class, such as the Starry Night themed prom, a Dodgeball Tournament sophomore year, and the Spring Fling dance freshman and sophomore years. The officers also organized the Senior Banquet, which will be held at the Devens Common Center on June 7th and the class trip to Six Flags on June 8th.

The Class of 2018 has greatly contributed to Nashoba over the past four years. The drama club brought back workshops to the International Thespian Society Meetings. The Class of 2018 won the class play competition this past year and put on four years of great performances.  The seniors represented their school through Nashoba DECA, with over 40 seniors alone taking part this year. In Political Awareness Club, the class brought in guest speakers and brought awareness and discussions to classrooms throughout the school. In addition, seniors have won various awards including a regional film award, various scholarships, and distinct recognition for their accomplishments.

This year the EMT program had a lot of senior members that will leave Nashoba with a lasting impression on the program for future generations to look up to. If that wasn’t enough, the GSA pursued and became a part of the statewide safe schools council.

Outside of Nashoba, multiple students attended the Presidential Inauguration and took part in the Women’s March and the March for Our Lives rally in Washington, D.C. Thui-mi Le, a member of the graduating class, held multiple dance fundraisers to benefit the ALS foundation. Christine Luke and Meghan McCarthy raised money for African Impact, an organization that helps support African communities in a variety of ways. Senior, Alida Austin, worked on a campaign to raise the age of tobacco use to 21, which was passed by the state of Massachusetts.

The athletics department made great strides in supporting their teams this year. The Football team made it back to the Super Bowl, Senior Justin Pierce became the 2nd male Basketball player to score 1,000 points. Lucas Cordio won New England’s and became an All-American. Multiple members of the class of 2018 were recruited to Division I and Division II schools. Seniors such as Alyssa Curran were scouted by SNHU for Division II lacrosse, Kyle Hume by Merrimack for Division II football and Lucas Cordio by the University of Maryland for Division I wrestling.

Over 220 students have been accepted and will be attending college. However, many students are taking other paths. Multiple students are heading off to trade schools, taking a gap year, volunteering in foreign countries, entering the military or working here at home.

Good luck with your future endeavors seniors. We are sure you will make Nashoba proud.