April Break Trip: Student World Travelers Take on Europe

In just a few weeks, Nashoba students will embark on the trip of a lifetime; they will be traveling to Europe yet again during the upcoming April vacation. Last year, lucky students got the chance to explore Ireland, England, and Wales during April break. Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Nashoba teacher Ms. Carter, who has coordinated six of these trips in the past seven years, this year they will be traveling to Hungary, Austria, and the Czech Republic.

Travelers will be leaving on the 14th of April, and will take an overnight flight to their first destination of Budapest, Hungary. There, they will be able to take a guided tour of the city, as well as get the chance to see the famous Hero’s Square, Matthias Church, and Budapest Basilica. They will finish in the city with a cruise on the Danube River.

In the following days, students will travel to Bratislava on their way to Vienna, Austria, where they will visit buildings such as Ringstrasse, Parliament, Rathaus, and Hofburg as well as explore the city on their own. Toward the end of the trip, they will be visiting Prague, Czech Republic. The group will take a tour of notable landmarks such as Charles Bridge, Market Square, and the Jewish Quarter. They will also have the opportunity to see the city of Theresienstadt before they make the journey back home on April 22nd.

But the trip is not all old buildings and ancient cities. To the students, this trip is a great chance for exposure to new places and learning about cultures different from their own.

Sophia Lauer says that one of the reasons she decided to go on the trip was to “meet new people” and learn more about her classmates. Betame DeBono, another Nashoba student, is looking forward to seeing new places and getting “to try new food”.  Those involved can hardly contain their excitement for the upcoming trip.

Those involved in this trip to Europe, or those who have gone in the past, feel that trips should be continued for years to come. Whether their reasons for going may vary, from learning history, to exploring cities, to understanding new cultures, one thing is certain; it’s going to be fun!